COVID-19 A Comprehensive Canada-wide Study - The health implications of losing someone in
27-Jan-2022 04:22 PM
Outside the 32,000 direct deaths COVID-19 has caused in Canada since March 2020, it has also taken a toll on the survivors. Given all the health restrictions, how do you care for someone in their last days or give them a proper funeral service? What longer-term effects do these restrictions have on people who are grieving? Funded by the Canadian ...
Social pressures and pack-mentality getting in the way of Canadians optimizing RRSPs, TFSAs, and securing their financial fut
27-Jan-2022 02:23 PM
- New research from Co-operators finds 85 per cent of financial professionals believe in today's "culture of now", too many Canadians can't envision prioritizing their future planning . - As the annual deadline for RRSP contributions approaches, a new eye-opening, national research study by Co-operators has discovered that social pressures to ...
JOB Call for proposals launched to help Canadians enter the labour market
27-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
- Organizations have until March 9 to apply for funding under the Skills for Success program. - The Canadian labour market continues to evolve quickly, leaving many workers without the necessary skills to meet on-the-job demands, and many employers struggling to find employees to fill vacancies. To help Canada's economy recover from the pandemic ...
Small businesses worry about rising costs and supply chain issues amid border ban on unvaccinated truck drivers
27-Jan-2022 10:15 AM
The federal government must reverse its policy banning unvaccinated truck drivers from coming into Canada before supply shortages and price increases drive even more businesses to the brink, warns the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB). On January 12, CFIB sent a letter to the Ministers of Transportation, Health and Public Safety ...
Front-line nurses offer concrete solutions to improve staffing, fix critical issues plaguing health care
27-Jan-2022 08:00 AM
- ONA's pre-budget submission says repealing Bill 124 is the first step to stop the exodus of nurses. - The Ontario Nurses' Association (ONA) says its pre-budget submission outlines nine specific solutions to fix the nursing and health-care professional staffing shortages plaguing Ontario's health-care system. "Our nurses and health-care ...
JOB TD to hire over 2,000 technology roles in 2022
26-Jan-2022 08:19 PM
- Roles in Dev Ops, Agile, and Microservices among the in-demand positions fueling the Bank's accelerated Tech Talent Strategy. - Amid the industry-wide focus on attracting and retaining technology talent, TD Bank Group (TD) announces plans to hire over 2,000 technology roles in 2022 with a specific focus on key skills in new technologies and ...
Ontario Launching New Agency to Better Serve Tradespeople
26-Jan-2022 06:33 PM
- Skilled Trades Ontario will address labour shortage by improving training and simplifying services. - The Ontario government has launched Skilled Trades Ontario, a new Crown agency, to improve trades training and simplify services. The new agency will promote and market the trades, develop the latest training and curriculum standards, and ...
JOB The largest T&T Supermarket in the country will be located in Saint-Laurent, Montréal
26-Jan-2022 04:27 PM
- The 6,500 square metre store is scheduled to open in December 2022. - Putting an end to a two-month suspense which became viral, T&T Supermarkets announced today that the very first T&T store in Quebec will be located in the borough of Saint-Laurent, at 300 Sainte-Croix Avenue. This brand new T&T store, at the size of more than 6,500 square ...
City of Toronto launches new 311 Toronto mobile app
26-Jan-2022 02:25 PM
City of Toronto launches new 311 Toronto mobile app Today, Mayor John Tory announced the launch of a new mobile app for 311 Toronto, making it easier and more convenient for residents, businesses and visitors to connect with 311 Toronto – anywhere, anytime on any smart device. The 311 Toronto app offers more benefits to the end-user, including: • ...
Ontario Building Safer Communities Through Additional CCTV Camera Investments
26-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
- New equipment helping police better detect criminal activity and deter gang violence. - The Ontario government is providing an additional $1 million in the fight against gun and gang violence across the province. The funding is being provided through the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Grant program and will help an additional nine police ...
Nearly one-third of Canadians more concerned about funding their retirement than a year ago
26-Jan-2022 10:10 AM
Results of the Scotia Global Asset Management (Scotia GAM) Investor Sentiment survey, released today, indicate that 32% of those surveyed are more concerned about their ability to fund their retirement than a year ago, and 45% say the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted their retirement plans. These findings are in line with Scotiabank's annual Worry ...
Celebrate Lunar New Year With Johnnie Walker Blue Label
26-Jan-2022 08:00 AM
Johnnie Walker, the world's number one Scotch whisky, launches an exclusive Johnnie Walker Blue Label Lunar New Year limited edition. The stunning 2022 limited edition design created by Chinese artist Shan Jiang celebrates the year of the Tiger. The intricate illustrations by Shan Jiang are dedicated to the one who never walks alone… to the one ...
Exhibition Place Signs Net Zero Carbon Events Pledge
25-Jan-2022 02:34 PM
Exhibition Place officially signs the Net Zero Carbon Events Pledge today, a global initiative to address climate change across the events and meetings industry, per the targets laid out in the Paris Climate Accord, to commit to achieving net zero by 2050. "I'm thrilled to announce today that Exhibition Place has joined the Net Zero Carbon Events ...
TAX TIP Running a business is difficult; understanding your tax obligations
25-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
The Canada Revenue Agency offers free Liaison Officer services to owners of small businesses and self-employed individuals to help them understand their tax obligations. A visit from a Liaison Officer is 100% confidential: the information you choose to discuss with them will not be shared with other areas of the CRA, or anyone else. Did you know ...
As Canada prepares for the Beijing 2022 Olympic Games, RBC Training Ground continues to make Olympic dreams a reality with ne
25-Jan-2022 10:39 AM
- Graduates will make their debut following alumni gold medal wins in Tokyo.- RBC Training Ground struck gold at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games when alumni Avalon Wasteneys and Kelsey Mitchell became Olympic champions. Now, as program graduates prepare to make their debut at the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games, RBC Training Ground resumes its ...
JOB Successfully fighting the labour shortage
24-Jan-2022 04:30 PM
- This is the effective and winning formula developed by the Eureka Centre, even for doctorate holders. - More than 22,000 people have found stable employment and good working conditions over the past 45 years, thanks to the Eureka Centre, whose mandate is to give a second wind to the employment and careers of people aged 40 and over who, for one ...
Pan-Canadian research shows teacher mental health at crisis levels during the pandemic
24-Jan-2022 10:23 AM
Newly released cross Canada interviews with teachers and education workers reveal that their experiences working and living through the COVID-19 pandemic are intimately connected to their declining mental health and sense of well-being. The Canadian Teachers' Federation (CTF/FCE) pandemic research report, "But at what cost?" Teacher mental health ...
RBC: Inflation adds uncertainty for Canadians trying to look past the pandemic and refocus on their financial future
23-Jan-2022 10:22 AM
- Impact of inflation on retirement finances now one of Canadians' top concerns. - RRSPs rebound, as financial priorities shift to longer-term saving and investing. - Investors willing to pay fees for opportunity to gain higher returns. - With inflation reaching the highest levels in the past 30 years, Canadians trying to refocus on their ...
RNAO: Prioritize health system pressures ahead of lifting public health measures
22-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
The Ontario government's announcement to ease public health measures beginning Jan. 31 is premature and will prolong the current health system crisis, says the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO). It is irresponsible to announce that gyms, indoor dining and other settings can open up to 50 per cent capacity and sporting events, concert ...
Manufacturers Meet With Government on Supply Chain Issues
21-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
The Canadian Manufacturing Coalition (CMC) today met with Industry Minister François-Philippe Champagne, stressing the need for urgent government action on the triple threat of supply chain bottlenecks, labour shortages and trade protectionism. In addition, the CMC asked Minister Champagne to start immediately working with the US to reverse the ...
Canadian tourism ministers are planning for the recovery of the tourism sector
20-Jan-2022 12:00 PM
The annual Canadian Council of Tourism Ministers meeting (CCTM) was held today, co-chaired by the Honourable Randy Boissonnault, Minister of Tourism and Associate Minister of Finance, and Caroline Proulx, Minister of Tourism of Quebec. The meeting provided a forum for federal, provincial, and territorial tourism ministers to agree on common ...
CGTN: China calls for building an open world economy to create better post-COVID world
18-Jan-2022 06:45 PM
The World Economic Forum's (WEF) Global Risks Report warned that economic stagnation is the most serious challenge persisting from the COVID-19 pandemic. However, China is injecting confidence into the world economy with official data released on Monday showing its economy posted stable growth in 2021. How did the world's second-largest economy ...
COVID-19 CMA Calling for Rapid Action in Face of COVID-19
18-Jan-2022 04:38 PM
The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) is appealing to federal, provincial and territorial governments to work together to minimize the impact of the current wave of COVID-19 using the tools, experience, and expertise gained from the last two years of the pandemic. The CMA is concerned that the latest wave coursing through the country may leave the ...
Canadian securities regulators issue warning about fraudulent investment solicitations involving crypto assets
18-Jan-2022 02:28 PM
The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) warns the public about investment schemes involving fraudulent websites that solicit investments in foreign exchange (often referred to as "forex"), binary options and/or crypto assets. In particular, fraudsters continue to capitalize on market interest in crypto assets to lure investors into scams, ...