Working Canadians turning to virtual support as they struggle with mental and financial health
22-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
- Survey shows insurers and employers play a significant role in supporting employee wellbeing. - While the pandemic continues to affect Canadian businesses, it's clear that employee mental health and overall wellbeing is suffering as they face fears about the transmission of COVID-19, financial uncertainty, and deal with the impacts of long term ...
Omnipresent now present in 143 countries around the world, helping companies employ anytime, anywhere
22-Oct-2020 10:22 AM
- What is Omnipresent - Catalysed by Covid-19, everyone is now working remotely. Without a need to be colocated, many people have realised they can work from wherever they want, and many are relocating. At the same time, many employers have realised the benefits of working remotely and are opening up their hiring to a global talent pool. However, ...
New interest relief measure to provide much-needed help to Canada Student Loan borrowers on medical or parental leave
22-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
- More than 7,000 borrowers a year to benefit. - Supporting students and young Canadians is one of the most important investments a government can make to ensure a stronger economy and a better future. This has never been more important than now, at a time when Canada's young people have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic, with summer jobs and ...
New medical spa & facial rejuvenation hub opens in Toronto
21-Oct-2020 06:15 PM
-D Luxe Lab brings a leading level of personalization to Yorkville. - D Luxe Lab is now open providing the best personalized aesthetic treatments combined with industry-leading products, technologies and professionals. What's more, D Luxe Lab is focused on serving discerning clientele with excellence, understanding discretion and natural results ...
As More Schools Move to Hybrid or Virtual Learning, Construct Working with Canvas to Improve Online Learning Experiences for
21-Oct-2020 04:32 PM
- With growing emphasis on virtual learning, online program enablement is more important than ever. - As more schools respond to COVID-19 exposure with hybrid or virtual learning this fall, educational technology providers focus on delivering interactive online learning that engages students. That is why Construct, a global leader in learning ...
Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Statement in Response to Federal Government's Plan to Ban Single-Use Plastics
21-Oct-2020 02:22 PM
- Proposed plan raises concerns with Canada's manufacturers. - Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters President and CEO Dennis Darby issued the following statement today in response to the federal government's long-awaited ban on single-use plastics: "The federal government has long stated its desire to ban single-use plastics in Canada without ...
Survey: 33% of Workers Are More Burned Out Than a Year Ago
21-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
- Heavier Workloads Cited as Top Reason for Increased Fatigue, According to Robert Half Survey. - Drowning in work and feeling drained? Many professionals are, new research from global staffing firm Robert Half shows. One-third of workers surveyed (33 per cent) said they are more burned out on the job today compared to a year ago. Of those ...
COVID-19 First reusable, environmentally friendly N99 mask manufactured in Canada
21-Oct-2020 10:25 AM
- With the arrival of the pandemic's second wave, mass production of Dorma 99 masks will help meet the protection needs of Canadian healthcare workers. - Dorma Filtration has received its Medical Device Establishment Licence (MDEL) from Health Canada to market the first N99 mask entirely designed and manufactured in Canada. Production of this ...
Walmart Canada hiring 10,000 more associates
21-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
- Associates needed for many roles to help serve customers. - Walmart Canada is seeking to immediately hire 10,000 new associates as the business grows and offers customers the very best shopping experience. Now, for the first time ever at Walmart Canada, interested applicants can text 780780 to land right on the application page for a variety of ...
HelpMeSee Launches Revolutionary Technology in Response to the Global Cataract Crisis
20-Oct-2020 06:38 PM
- Not-for-profit campaign announces medical training breakthrough with its Eye Surgery Simulator. - HelpMeSee, the not-for-profit global campaign to end cataract blindness, today announced a landmark achievement in medical simulation training with the completion of its Eye Surgery Simulator. Equipped with sensory touch feedback and realistic ...
Morneau Shepell launches unified telemedicine solution to enhance Canadians' total wellbeing
20-Oct-2020 04:26 PM
- Company enters growing telemedicine market through its LifeWorks' business. - Morneau Shepell, Canada's largest provider of wellbeing and mental health solutions, has expanded into the rapidly growing telemedicine market to provide the employees of Canadian clients and their families with easier, more convenient access to digital health care ...
Acadia University Unveils its First EV Fast Charger
20-Oct-2020 02:33 PM
The Government of Canada is committed to building a clean energy future to strengthen the economy, create good jobs and support our natural resource sectors. This commitment will be more important than ever as we reopen the economy and plan our recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Kody Blois, Member of Parliament for Kings–Hants, on behalf of the ...
COVID-19 Pandemic raises privacy concerns highlighting urgency of law reform
20-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
- Public health crisis has pushed daily activities online, underscoring critical need for change. - The COVID-19 pandemic is raising important new privacy issues in a context where federal laws do not provide Canadians with effective protection, according to the Privacy Commissioner's latest annual report. The report discusses the Office of the ...
COVID-19Lilly provides comprehensive update on progress of SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibod
20-Oct-2020 10:15 AM
- Lilly submitted request for emergency use authorization (EUA) for monotherapy to U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). - New data show combination therapy met primary and secondary endpoints, reducing viral load, symptoms and hospitalizations; EUA request to follow. - Plan to initiate a large open-label pragmatic study in COVID-19 ...
Tulip Festival Fundraising to Remain a Free, Safe Attraction for Canadians
20-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
In a world where attractions are disappearing and prices are rising, one of Canada's signature international events is working hard to continue to provide a world-class Festival that is free to the public. With announcements from Ontario Premier Doug Ford this past Friday, limiting indoor events to 50 people and limiting social circles to ...
Radiopharmaceutical cancer treatment Lutathera® now available to Ontario patients with midgut neuroendocrine tumours
19-Oct-2020 06:45 PM
- Lutathera is the first and only therapeutic radiopharmaceutical approved by Health Canada for the treatment of GEP-NETs. - Lutathera directly targets tumours by binding to cancer cell receptors. - Eligible cancer patients in Ontario midgut neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) now have access to a new innovative radiopharmaceutical therapy, Lutathera® ...
Canada Post preparing to safely deliver this holiday season
19-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
- Shopping early key to avoiding a potential Christmas capacity crunch. - In a year where Canadians shifted much of their shopping online in response to COVID-19, Canada Post is planning for a Christmas season like no other. The rapid escalation in demand for parcel delivery is expected to continue into the holiday season and beyond as more ...
PortsToronto Receives Canadian Public Relations Society Gold Award of Excellence for Seabin Pilot Program
18-Oct-2020 06:15 PM
PortsToronto has won a Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) Gold National Award of Excellence for the PortsToronto Seabin Pilot Program in the Best Use of Media Relations - Small Budget (less than $10,000 CAD). The CPRS National Awards of Excellence recognize outstanding achievement in a comprehensive public relations and communications ...
Don't get caught out: Motorists at dead battery risk amid new driving trends
18-Oct-2020 04:32 PM
CTEK Sweden AB, a leading global brand in battery management solutions, urges motorists to give love to the humble battery this 'Charge Your Car Day'. Since the COVID-19 pandemic was first announced, roads around the world have experienced ever-changing traffic conditions, and fluctuating driving habits are bringing car battery health to the fore. ...
Schools turn to technology in pandemic to catch online cheaters
18-Oct-2020 02:22 PM
Crowded exam halls echoing with pencil scratches, rustling papers and supervisors’ footsteps have been replaced with solo tests in bedrooms or at kitchen tables — sometimes under a webcam’s glare. The COVID-19 pandemic has forced post-secondary instructors to overhaul how they assess students’ knowledge. Some have turned to remote programs that ...
Rich get richer, poor poorer
18-Oct-2020 12:00 PM
- Rich get richer, poor poorer: Report says pandemic intensified economic disparities. - One in five Canadians say they are better off. - A new report says COVID-19 has widened the gap between the haves and have-nots in Canada, amplifying the economic disparities that existed pre-pandemic. The affordability index by BDO Canada Ltd. found that ...
With widespread uncertainty, Canadians to spend less this holiday season
18-Oct-2020 10:29 AM
- Canadians to spend an average of CA$1,104 (30.7% decrease from 2019). - Canadian shoppers expect to spend the same or less this holiday season, with deep cuts in travel spending. - Online shopping will continue to outweigh in-store purchases, as consumers prioritize convenience, health and safety. - In-person cross-border shopping will likely be ...
COVID-19 COVID-19 could cost Canadian universities millions, even billions
18-Oct-2020 08:00 AM
- COVID-19 could cost Canadian universities millions, even billions: Statistics Canada. - Canadian universities could lose as much as $3.4 billion this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Statistics Canada has projected, in large part due to a decrease in the number of foreign students. In a report published this week, Statistics Canada tried to ...
COVID-19 Study shows COVID-19 caused worst year in a decade for marketing agencies
17-Oct-2020 06:30 PM
- Only 28% of marketers reported an increased reliance on their agencies in 2020, down from 50% the year before. - With budgets tight due to COVID-19, brand marketers slashed their reliance on media and creative agencies more than any year in the past decade, bringing various advertising tactics in-house or splitting work using a hybrid model, ...