Discovery, Inc. To Launch discovery+ In Canada
16-Oct-2021 08:00 AM
- The Definitive Non-Fiction, Real Life Streaming Service to Launch in Canada on October 19. - discovery+ Features 60,000 Episodes from Discovery's Iconic Brands and More Than 200 New, Exclusive Original Series. - Discovery, Inc. announced that discovery+, the definitive streaming home of non-fiction, real life content, will launch in Canada on ...
Canadian Employer Medical Benefit Costs to Grow 7.0 Percent in 2022, Aon Survey Forecasts
15-Oct-2021 12:00 PM
- Global health benefit costs to rise 7.4 percent as medical utilization returns to pre-pandemic levels. - Employer-provided medical benefit costs in Canada are forecasted to rise 7.0 percent in 2022, outpacing general inflation by 5.0 percent, according to the 2022 Global Medical Trend Rates Report released today by Aon plc, a leading global ...
Computation's Waste Reduction Week - FREE Computer and Electronics Recycling Event! October 18th - 24th 2021
15-Oct-2021 08:00 AM
Looking for an environmentally sensitive and privacy ensured method to dispose of your unwanted computer and electronic equipment? Leave it with Computation! We'll see to it that your equipment is processed to the highest standards using our 3Rs model. For Waste Reduction Week, October 18th – 24th, we are inviting the general public to drop off ...
Staples Canada helps give small business owners a boost and fuel their passion to grow as Canadians get back to business
14-Oct-2021 04:14 PM
- New survey from Staples Canada finds that 82 per cent of Canadian small businesses are optimistic about the future. - October marks Small Business Month in Canada. With vaccination rates continuing to increase and as employees gradually settle into new routines, many businesses are looking for opportunities to get back to growth. As the Working ...
CP Holiday Train's lights to shine on community food banks with virtual concert, donations for 2021
14-Oct-2021 10:22 AM
Canadian Pacific (CP) will host a virtual concert and donate to local food banks in communities across its network for the Holiday Train program's 23rd year. Though this year's Holiday Train will once again be virtual, the much-loved program will continue to serve as a beacon, highlighting the ongoing need for food banks and the critical work they ...
Europe's first lithium hydroxide converter to be built in Brandenburg, Germany
13-Oct-2021 06:25 PM
-- Planned investment sum 470 million euros, expected production start in 2024. - Central component of the European battery value chain secures the lithium requirements of around 500,000 electric vehicles per year. - Brandenburg's Economics Minister Steinbach: "With Rock Tech Lithium, we are strengthening our position as the future center of ...
Clé De Peau Beauté Is Working Around The Globe To Make STEM Education Fun
13-Oct-2021 04:00 PM
- Change starts at home - Clé de Peau Beauté believes that everyone has a role to play in improving access to quality education, especially in the face of today's global challenges. - The past year and a half has brought on considerable change and uncertainty in the world – school-age children have been especially impacted with global lockdowns ...
Antioxidants to prevent Alzheimer's disease
13-Oct-2021 12:00 PM
- A balanced intake of antioxidants could prevent the development of Alzheimer's disease. - Research conducted by the PhD student Mohamed Raâfet Ben Khedher and the postdoctoral researcher Mohamed Haddad of the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS) has shown that an oxidation-antioxidant imbalance in the blood is an early indicator ...
Alty, the One-Click Social Messaging Wallet, Migrates to Algorand Enabling Instant Crypto Transactions
13-Oct-2021 10:23 AM
- The influencer platform that brought crypto to popular chat mediums WhatsApp and Telegram using the Algorand network has successfully closed a $1,500,000 USD seed round led by Borderless Capital. - The innovative tropical island based crypto startup, Alty, that made wallet creation and community based staking in everybody's favorite chat ...
Forests Ontario Plants 2.8 Million Trees this Planting Season
13-Oct-2021 08:00 AM
- 34 million trees planted across Ontario through the 50 Million Tree Program since 2008. - Not-for-profit charity Forests Ontario facilitated the planting of 2.8 million trees through its 50 Million Tree Program (50 MTP) this planting season. These efforts created approximately 1,400 ha of new forest, contributing to the total 17,100 ha planted ...
Chiropractic care a game changer for patients suffering with arthritis
12-Oct-2021 06:42 PM
- The Ontario Chiropractic Association (OCA) has launched a campaign to raise awareness that Ontario chiropractors are fully trained to treat the pain and functional limitations of arthritis. - Today, one in five Canadians are struggling with chronic pain associated with arthritis. Although there is no cure for arthritis, there are ways to manage ...
Anxious small businesses petition for immediate extension and expansion of federal business support programs
12-Oct-2021 04:31 PM
The federal government will put an end to crucial wage and rent subsidies for small businesses in less than two weeks on October 23, despite increasing uncertainty around ongoing capacity restrictions, growing labour shortages, and an unpredictable fourth wave. The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) shared these concerns in a letter ...
Four in five Canadian students want a post-secondary education that matches their digital lifestyle
12-Oct-2021 02:23 PM
- Post-secondary students feel their schools did a good job under the circumstances but remain anxious about COVID-19. - Four in five Canadian post-secondary students feel the COVID-19 pandemic has fundamentally changed their expectations of a higher education experience and want a tertiary education that matches their digital lifestyle, finds new ...
Growing signs of a demand-fuelled retail recovery on the horizon
12-Oct-2021 12:00 PM
- Canadians expect to increase their individual holiday spending by 29%, an average of $1,420. - Millennials are projected to be the highest-spending generation this holiday season at $1,618. - 59% are more likely to shop at retailers that restrict admission to those with a proof of vaccination. - Canadians expect to spend more time shopping online ...
Think 2030 begins today to create a movement for the future
12-Oct-2021 10:45 AM
- Powered by Elevate, the virtual summit is free for all students. - At 10am today, Elevate will launch Think 2030, a virtual symposium to advance critical issues of equality, sustainability & well-being in Canada. This national initiative, which takes place from October 12-14th, will convene industry leaders, policymakers, startup disruptors, ...
COVID-19 Delta-driven fourth wave could decline in the coming weeks in Canada
12-Oct-2021 10:32 AM
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) continues to monitor COVID-19 epidemiological indicators to quickly detect, understand and communicate emerging issues of concern. The following is a summary of the latest national numbers and trends. Today, I presented an update on national epidemiology and modelling. The following is a brief summary of ...
The Canadian Payroll Association Commends the Ontario Government for its Commitment to Streamlining Remittances
12-Oct-2021 08:00 AM
- Proposed change will reduce administrative costs and burden by giving businesses a more efficient process for submitting premiums. - The Canadian Payroll Association commends the Ontario government on its recent commitment to enable the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) to work with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) to streamline ...
Mastercard Economics Institute: Small Businesses Globally Go Digital at Three-Times Pre-Pandemic Levels
11-Oct-2021 06:07 PM
- Canada ranked #5 in new small business formation, which grew 58% in 2020 year-over-year. - To shed light on the impact the global health crisis – and ongoing recovery – has had on small businesses globally, Mastercard today released Recovery Insights: Small Business Reset. Looking at 19 markets around the world, the report reveals that sales at ...
Walmart Canada Makes Largest Retail Commitment to Purchase Beef Sourced from Certified Sustainable Farms and Ranches In Canad
11-Oct-2021 04:47 PM
Walmart Canada will purchase the largest known quantity of beef from certified sustainable Canadian farms and ranches ever sourced by a single retailer. Beef purchased through this commitment will support the environmental, social and economic sustainability of Canadian farmers and ranchers whose operations are certified through a third-party ...
Solving the Mystery of Sleep by "Lighting Up the Brain" presented at WCN 2021
11-Oct-2021 02:28 PM
Solving the mystery of sleep by studying brain mechanisms that regulate sleep and waking was research presented by Gero Miesenböck, Waynflete Professor of Physiology at the Centre for Neural Circuits and Behavior, Oxford, England at the virtual 25th Biennial World Congress of Neurology. "Sleep is a universal behavior whose function and fundamental ...
McDonald's Canada announces reduction of single-use plastics in Canadian restaurants
11-Oct-2021 12:00 PM
- McDonald's Canada is removing plastic cutlery*, stir sticks and straws by December 2021. - McDonald's Canada today announced that it will introduce wooden cutlery*, wooden stir sticks and paper straws to its more than 1,400 restaurants across the country by December 2021. The removal of these single-use plastics* in its restaurants supports ...
Breast Screening Saves Lives!
11-Oct-2021 10:22 AM
- "In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Radiologists are urging Canadian women 40 years and over to schedule their annual breast screening exam." - Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among Canadian women. Although now more than ever people are surviving breast cancer, early detection through screening is vital. ...
Canadian securities regulators implement eight initiatives to reduce regulatory burden for investment funds
11-Oct-2021 08:00 AM
The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) today published amendments that implement eight initiatives to reduce regulatory burden for investment funds. The changes eliminate duplicative requirements, streamline regulatory approvals and processes, and codify frequently granted exemptions from certain requirements. "These initiatives are ...
American Express revamps the Business Gold Rewards Card to offer entrepreneurs a Card that works (almost) as hard as they do
10-Oct-2021 06:07 PM
-The enhanced Card will be relaunched to the Canadian market with a "Gold Getter" campaign that celebrates the drive and passion of small business owners. - American Express Canada announced today the refresh of its Business Gold Rewards Card, newly redesigned for the evolving needs of Canadian small business owners. The Card offers dynamic ...