Government action is urgently needed to address the crisis in LTC homes
30-May-2020 04:04 PM
The CMA calls on the federal government to act in addressing the appalling living conditions in some long-term care homes, working collaboratively with provinces/territories who have jurisdictions over the matter. "Federal leadership has proven critical in managing Canada's response to COVID-19 and the government is to be commended for taking ...
COVID-19 Canada's first two university-level blockchain programs address need for skilled
30-May-2020 02:25 PM
In the last two years, the demand for blockchain developers has increased by 374% in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) alonei. Today, due to the pandemic, this demand has only increased. Since the onset of COVID-19 and physical distancing measures, organizations and government bodies have urgently needed blockchain processes and technologies that can ...
COVID-19 Long-term care dividends must come to an end in exchange for government contracts
30-May-2020 12:00 PM
- Long-term care dividends must come to an end in exchange for government contracts after Extendicare Corporation paid out over ten-million dollars in dividends this quarter during COVID-19. - The for-profit long-term care corporation confirmed it had no plan to deal with the coronavirus and spent a mere $300,000 of its own money on COVID-19. - ...
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Canada Announces that Company's Treatment for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) has Been Added to
30-May-2020 10:15 AM
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Canada, Inc. (MTP-CA), a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc. (MTPA), today announced that RADICAVA® (edaravone) is now listed on the Ontario Drug Benefit Formulary (Exceptional Access Program). RADICAVA is an intravenous infusion treatment for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). "The listing of RADICAVA ...
A New Survey Reveals 53% of Salon Owners and Hairstylists Are Unsure About Their Province's COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidel
30-May-2020 08:00 AM
In a new survey by Salon Magazine, Canada's leading trade magazine for beauty professionals, salon owners, hairstylists and nail technicians are concerned about reopening their salons and returning to work during the COVID-19 pandemic. The survey asked beauty professionals across Canada how they've been impacted by the pandemic. Health and Safety ...
magniX and AeroTEC Announce Successful First Flight of the World's Largest All-Electric Aircraft
29-May-2020 08:11 PM
- The inaugural flight of the all-electric Cessna 208B Grand Caravan marks another milestone ushering in the new era of electric aviation. - magniX, the company powering the electric aviation revolution, and AeroTEC, a leading independent company focused on aerospace testing, engineering and certification, today announced the successful flight of ...
Survey: The State of Summer Vacations For Canadian Employees
29-May-2020 06:10 PM
- Nearly One-Third of Workers Will Take Less Time Off Due to the Pandemic. - Summer is around the corner, but many professionals in Canada plan to keep their nose to the grindstone, new research from global staffing firm Robert Half shows. According to a survey of more than 500 office workers: - Thirty per cent anticipate taking fewer days off ...
COVID-19 COVID-19 pandemic brings unpaid leaves into focus
29-May-2020 04:34 PM
Morneau Shepell released the May 2020 issue of its monthly newsletter, News & Views, in which the company looks at the following topics: - COVID-19 pandemic brings unpaid leaves into focus – Several Canadian jurisdictions have introduced new unpaid job-protected leaves of absence for employees who are required to take time off work due to being ...
COVID-19 DERMALOG Temperature Check: Greater Safety for Medical Practices
29-May-2020 02:24 PM
- Due to the corona pandemic, general practitioners and specialists face the challenge of maintaining their practice without putting patients and staff at increased risk of infection. In Frankfurt, Germany, a medical practice has implemented health protection measures using DERMALOG's non-contact fever detection. - With its Fever Detection Camera, ...
5G Deployment to Drive Global Expansion for Direct Current Power Systems by 2025
29-May-2020 01:22 PM
- Market revenue to hit $5.5 billion in 2025 with increasing investment in 5G infrastructure, finds Frost & Sullivan. - Frost & Sullivan's recent analysis, Global DC Power Systems Market, Forecast to 2025, predicts the increasing implementation of 4G and 5G networks across the world will lead to steady growth in demand for direct current (DC) ...
Google to help 50,000 Canadian small businesses get online this year
29-May-2020 12:00 PM
- Google will invest one million dollars to expand Digital Main Street's ShopHERE program nationally. - To help Canadian small businesses with their economic recovery, today Google Canada is committing one million dollars to expand Digital Main Street's ShopHERE program nationally with a new pledge to help get 50,000 Canadian small businesses ...
COVID-19 A Quebec survey on financial health finds that adults under 35 and women are at h
29-May-2020 10:23 AM
Raymond Chabot's Counsellors in Financial Recovery and Licensed Insolvency Trustees have released the results of a survey on how COVID-19 is affecting the personal finances of Quebecers. The survey found that 18% of Quebecers—approximately one in six adults or one million people across the province—have received the Canada Emergency Response ...
Air Canada Expands its Cargo-only Flight Schedule
29-May-2020 08:00 AM
- Freight division Air Canada Cargo to operate to five new destinations in Europe and South America. - Four converted Boeing 777-300ERs and three Airbus A330-300s enabling cargo in passenger cabins, plus belly-only all-cargo flights and cargo space on Air Canada's scheduled flights support Air Canada Cargo's operations. - Air Canada's freight ...
Team Canada Champion Chats to bring 10 Olympic and Paralympic athletes to thousands of kids with its second Live Chat
28-May-2020 08:30 PM
On Friday May 29, Team Canada Champion Chats will hold its second live chat featuring three-time Olympic Champion Tessa Virtue and nine-time Paralympic Champion Benoît Huot as hosts. Eight Canadian Olympic and Paralympic athletes will speak live to kids, parents and teachers about the experiences and lessons that have helped them become the world's ...
Alectra Utilities warns customers of increased phone scam activity
28-May-2020 06:22 PM
In response to an increase of fraudulent activity in its service territory, Alectra Utilities is alerting customers of a sophisticated phone scam. The phone scam involves customers receiving a call from fraudsters requesting immediate payment over the phone. Alectra Utilities advises customers in advance of any changes to their service or account ...
COVID-19 Seoul Hosts "Cities Against COVID-19" Global Summit 2020
28-May-2020 04:43 PM
Seoul's responses to COVID-19 have attracted the world's attention. The page views of CAC (Cities Against COVID-19, english.seoul.go.kr/covid), an online platform established by the Seoul Metropolitan Government to share its countermeasures and know-hows for containing COVID-19, exceeded 5 million in just one month upon its opening. To promote ...
More Canadians consider RVing this summer than ever before
28-May-2020 02:36 PM
Canadian-owned and operated RVezy.com, the country's first peer-to-peer RV rental marketplace, has seen a surge in reservations with an increase of over 800% in summer travel. As restrictions are slowly easing across Canada, households are looking for safe and practical travel options this summer. "RVs are perfectly suited for vacation travel this ...
COVID-19 How I Treat COVID-19: an independent platform to fight the pandemic
28-May-2020 12:00 PM
- Unprecedented mobilization of health professionals. - The pandemic we are experiencing is evolving at high speed and an impressive amount of information is currently circulating on the subject. It is in response to these challenges that Dr Elie Kassouf, hematologist and medical oncologist in Joliette, decided to launch How I treat COVID‑19, an ...
Economic recovery for the agrifood sector: Sollio Cooperative Group proposes five avenues for action
28-May-2020 10:29 AM
Addressing the panel on self-sufficiency and supply chains in the context of COVID-19 of the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance, Ghislain Gervais, president of Sollio Cooperative Group, today shared his thoughts on limiting the short-term consequences and long-term effects on the agrifood industry's supply chain. Based on past ...
Governments and international organizations come together to address economic challenges and sustainability
28-May-2020 09:30 AM
- High-level event on financing solutions related to COVID-19. - United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres, the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau, and the Prime Minister of Jamaica Andrew Holness, will convene world leaders and international organizations today in a joint initiative to sharpen and accelerate our global response to ...
New poll shows almost universal support for including long-term care under Canada Health Act
28-May-2020 08:00 AM
- 86% of Canadian are in support; only 2% oppose the action. - After 3 months of daily news about the COVID-19, we are seeing the major impact the pandemic is having, not only on people's lives and work, but also on how they see the country moving forward. Canadians clearly want to see changes made to the way our long-term care system works. A ...
Luminato Festival Toronto Virtual Lineup Announced
27-May-2020 06:23 PM
- Toronto's annual international arts festival presents three days of theatre, music, film and conversation for a global audience. - Luminato Festival Toronto, Toronto's international arts festival dedicated to performance, media and visual arts, and programming that cuts across traditional artform boundaries, is thrilled to announced the lineup ...
Sun Life and Teladoc Health bring Mental Health Navigator to Canadian Clients
27-May-2020 04:40 PM
A recent Sun Life survey found that 56% of Canadians said the COVID-19 pandemic is having a negative impact on their mental health; this is supported by independent Teladoc Health research. Of particular concern, 60% of those affected said they are not seeking support.1 To help Clients navigate their mental health issues, Sun Life is offering ...
Jumpstarting New York's Economy: Clean Energy Infrastructure that Creates Jobs
27-May-2020 02:11 PM
Governor Cuomo announced a series of measures today to jumpstart New York State's economy, including expediting construction of the power cable from Canada to New York City. But curiously the Independent Power Producers of New York (IPPNY) question the value of this major clean energy infrastructure project. The Champlain Hudson Power Express is ...