ONTARIO JOBS 🚗🤖👩💻 Honda Canada Foundation Announces $375,000 Partnership With FIRST Robotics Canada
Wednesday, 15 March 2023 04:36.PM
- Recognizing National Engineering Month with multi-year partnership to support FIRST Robotics Competitions and 30 school teams -
Honda Canada Foundation (HCF) kicks off National Engineering Month by planting the STEM seeds for another generation, contributing $375,000 over three years to FIRST Robotics Canada. HCF's program sponsorship will support FIRST Robotics Competitions at the provincial and championship levels. 30 high-school teams will each receive $2,000 to build impressive robots to compete. HCF continues its support for programs that encourage education in engineering and technology with hands-on activities for children and youth interested in the fields of science.
"Honda Canada Foundation extends its partnership with FIRST Robotics Canada as we are excited to be a part of their positive influence and exceptional programming for years to come," said Tony Facciolo, Chair of the Honda Canada Foundation. "Engineering and STEM are at the heart of our values at Honda, and we naturally feel it is important to inspire and support the next generation of innovators and problem solvers. We look forward to seeing the best in robotics built from scratch by students competing at the FIRST Robotics Competitions."
"FIRST Robotics Canada is a leader in youth STEM opportunities, and we are excited to be back to full capacity at our events this year," said David Ellis, President FIRST Robotics Canada. "To close the STEM skills gap, we need businesses and communities engaged and working together to help young people prepare for an ever-changing workforce. Our generous sponsors help to make the magic happen! We are thrilled to have the Honda Canada Foundation support our programs and youth for the next three years and to continue to inspire and open pathways for more kids."
FIRST Robotic Competition is an annual competition where high school student teams under strict rules and limited time and resources, use sophisticated technology to build and program industrial-sized robots to play an action-packed, alliance-based game on a themed field. With professional mentors and sponsors, students learn engineering and problem-solving skills that they can apply to real-world situations today and in the future. Each team, while also fundraising to meet their goals, design a team "brand," and advance respect and appreciation for STEM within the local community.
The 2022-2023 season energy theme challenges FIRST teams to reimagine the future of sustainable energy and power their ideas forward. FIRST Robotics Competition teams will unlock the power of engineering to transform renewable energy and power a better future.
SOURCE: Honda Canada Inc.
- 07-Dec-2023 08:00 AM JOBS 🧑🔎 ADP Canada Happiness@Work Index: Workers in Canada are Happier as the Holiday Season Nears 😄😊🌞
- 06-Dec-2023 08:00 AM JOBS 🧑🔎🍁 Center Eurêka Opens its Doors to English Speakers, Immigrants And Refugees From All Backgrounds to Accelerate Their Integration into the Quebec Workplace
- 04-Dec-2023 08:00 AM ONTARIO 🧑🚗🚓👮 IBC Commends the Ontario Government for Taking Action to Combat Auto Theft 🕵️♀️🔍💵
- 30-Nov-2023 12:00 PM JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Microsoft Expands Digital Footprint in Quebec with Usd$500 Million Investment in Infrastructure and Skilling Initiatives 💵
- 29-Nov-2023 02:28 PM ONTARIO 🤓🧑🎓 Ontario's Public Colleges and Ireland's Technological Universities to Collaborate on Programs and Research 💵
- 25-Nov-2023 12:00 PM ONTARIO 🤓🧑🎓 Colleges call for immediate provincial investments and modest five per cent tuition increase 💵
- 17-Nov-2023 12:00 PM TORONTO JOBS 🧑🔎👩🏫💻 Seneca Polytechnic and Siemens Partner to Provide Tools and Training to the Next Generation of Industry Leaders
- 15-Nov-2023 08:00 AM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎🥘☕ 25,000 Jobs by 2025: Food and Beverage Ontario Launches Recruitment Campaign for The Province's Food and Beverage Processing Industry Workforce 💵
- 14-Nov-2023 06:36 PM ONTARIO JOBS 🧑🔎 Labatt boosts production and sustainability with $26.6M expansion of London 💵Brewery
- 14-Nov-2023 04:35 PM ONTARIO 💵 Taking Steps to Better Protect Ontario Pension Plan Beneficiaries